Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temp on going
Salary: £20.02per hour
A Fencer is required, working for a local authority. To carry out repair works on metal and wooden fences, fence gates around highways and residence using hand and power tools.
What does a Fencer role entail:
- Sets metal or wooden post in upright position in posthole.
- Inserts metal tubing through rail supports.
- Attaches fencing to frame.
- Nails pointed slats to rails to construct picket fence.
- Mixes and pours concrete around base of post or tamps soil into posthole to embed post.
- Blasts rock formations with dynamite to facilitate digging of postholes.
- Welds metal parts together, using portable gas welding equipment.
- Cuts metal tubing, using pipe cutter.
- Lays out fence line, using tape measure and marks position for postholes.
- Aligns posts, using line or by sighting, and verifies vertical alignment of posts with plumb bob or spirits level.
- Digs postholes with spade, posthole digger, or power-driven auger.
- Saws required lengths of lumber to make rails for wooden fence.
- Assembles gate and fastens in position, using hand tools.
- Erects alternate panel, basket weave and louvered fences.
- Nails top and bottom rails to fence posts, or inserts them in slots on posts.
- Stretches wire, wire mesh, or chain link fencing between posts.
- Completes top fence rail of metal fence by connecting tube sections, using metal sleeves.
- Attaches fence rail support to post, using hammer and pliers.
- Take responsibility for the health and safety activities applicable to the post as set out in the Homes for Haringey policy statements.
- Ensure application of good equal opportunities proactive with regard to all duties of the post, to treat all colleagues and service users equally and to challenge any discriminatory practice.
- Promote and represent Homes for Haringey at all levels throughout the organisation and to external bodies.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the basic objectives and duties of the post.
Requirements for the Fencer role:
- Full Driving License - Mobile role
- Enhanced DBS - Working within tenanted properties
- CSCS Card
Benefits of the Fencer Role:
- Monday to Friday 08.00am-16:30pm
- Van and fuel card supplied
Daniel Owen is an established recruitment consultancy specialising in the placement of quality temporary and permanent workers to all roles in the Built Environment. Working with some of the UK's largest and most respected construction, maintenance, and engineering companies.
If you are interested in hearing more about the Fencer role please call our London Property Services desk and ask for Alix.