Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temp to Perm
Salary: £15.50 per hour
A Glazier is required, working for a local social housing contractor. The role will involve carrying out maintenance works on occupied domestic properties. Must have previous social housing/domestic experience.
What does a Glazier role entail:
Undertaking all aspects of glazing to the required quality standards; in particular you will need to be able to:
- Measure for replacement glass both single and double glazed panes.
- Fit both single pane and double glazed panes.
- Identify, replace or repair multipoint locking mechanisms, handles and hinges to both UPVC and composite doors.
- Replace or repair casement handles, locking mechanisms and friction stays.
- Carry out minor plastic repairs including cleaning and buffing to UPVC profiles and cills.
- Replace bubble or wedge gaskets and beads to both aluminium and UPVC profiles.
- Remove interior or exterior silicon sealants/trims and reseal with new trims and sealant.
- Gain entry to euro profile cylinders by drilling/snapping.
- Liaising with tenants on site regarding the work you are undertaking.
Requirements for the Glazier role:
- Must be able to deal with tenants/ have social housing experience
- Full UK Driving License (manual) - Mobile Role
Benefits of the Glazier Role:
- Van and fuel card supplied
- Pension scheme
Daniel Owen is an established recruitment consultancy specialising in the placement of quality temporary and permanent workers to all roles in the Built Environment. Working with some of the UK's largest and most respected construction, maintenance, and engineering companies.
If you are interested in hearing more about the Glazier role please call our London Property Services desk and ask for Jade.