Health and Safety Officer
£50K + Package
Our client are a housing repairs company, based in West London offering innovative, high quality refurbishment to Social Housing projects.
They are currently looking for a brand new Health and Safety Officer to join their business to provide the Residential Services Managing Director and Management team with competent Health and Safety advice on a day-to-day basis. You will report health and safety performance to the team to give assurance that H&S is effectively managed, reported and with appropriate corrective and preventive action taken.
Your responsibilities as a Health and Safety Officer will include but not be limited to the following;
- Work collaboratively with the Managing Directors, Managers, and staff across Residential Services to ensure high standards of H&S management are maintained.
- To provide a professional H&S advisory service including H&S advice on all matters of H&S policy and best practice to staff across Residential Services and the wider business.
- Advise Residential Services and associated organisations on complex and technical H&S matters offering pragmatic and practical advice that ensures the most effective solution to be implemented within available budgets.
- Develop and implement any specific Residential Services H&S policies, procedures and documentation that are not covered by the group H&S system.
- To improve health and safety performance in Residential Services by contributing to a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Complete regular evaluation of performance including legal compliance, adverse events, audits, and inspection with a focus on trends to support the development of robust corrective and preventive actions.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Experience and consistent achievement in providing proactive H&S advice to the property management or construction management industry
- Experience of reviewing, establishing, and updating H&S policies and procedures
- Experience gained in a property management or construction industry
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent, ideally working towards NEBOSH diploma
- Grad IOSH
- Professional audit qualification (ISO45001, ISO9001, ISO50001, ISO14001)
- Professional H&S qualifications related to the waste, logistics or allied industries
If this sounds like a role that suits your profile, then feel free to get in touch.