I am currently recruiting for a Facilities Management Company based in South London. They are at the start of a growth period and are looking for Multi-Skilled Carpenters. If you are in the market for a new job, please apply for this role as it won't be live and on the available for long!
My client has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Carpenter / Multi - skilled engineer to join their dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
OUR COMPANY BENEFITS
- Salary band: £38-40,000
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Company sick (Discretional)
- Refer a Friend scheme (£500)
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Career progression with our Training and Development programme
- Company Fuel card
- Employee recognition scheme
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme
- Company Vehicle
- Company credit card
- Full uniform and safety equipment is provided
- Access to a tool loan for all trade staff (upon approval)
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Working to deliver highest quality service to carry out a variety of tasks. Working efficiently and safely in line with best practise to achieve an excellent customer experience. This role may operate across multiple contracts and types of work from reactive emergency repairs, through to quoted first/second fix works.
- Accountable for the quality of workmanship, method used to affect the repair, safety of yourself and those around whilst the repair is undertaken, and safe disposal of waste ensuring you are environmentally conscious.
- To have the right tools for the trade(s) you perform at all times.
- To always protect the property before starting the work and leave the property clean and tidy having completed the work.
- Remain polite & professional at all times
- Own your allocated job through to completion ensuring the agreed process of the repair is being followed. The agreed process is as follows;
- Always be prepared to receive and issue clear information when interacting with the coordinator ensuring you have the full details of the repair and that the coordinator has received all details pertinent to the repair including the materials used.
- When accessing the property at the appointment time given by the tenant show your ID
- When carrying out the works always carry out a risk assessment ensuring all risks are identified, then use the right method to carry out the work in consideration of these risks wearing the appropriate PPE.
- Provide an accurate estimated completion time for each job to the coordinator once you have fully diagnosed the repair. If this changes update the coordinator immediately with your best estimate of a revised time.
- Complete the task in one visit where possible.
- Once the task is complete, or the appointment is complete, provide accurate information to the Coordinator on the status of the repair, informing them of the work undertaken and materials used.
- Ensure your Van is clean and tidy with ease of access to tools, equipment, and van stock at all times.
- Able to use the phone or PDA to communicate effectively, explaining yourself clearly and concisely understanding what information you need or need to provide;
- Be comfortable in dealing with clients. Remain professional even when issues are contentious.
- Understand the need to complete outstanding pieces of work and deal with work, completely and in one go.
- Have an organised approach to meet the demands of the role in an effective and timely manner.
- Be a team player ensuring lessons learnt, and good practices are shared amongst the team for future benefit of the service.
- Have a practical approach to health and safety, ensuring that you and others are safe at all times.
- A problem solver and be able to work out what is a proportionate and necessary repair, learning from your previous experiences.
- Be able to use knowledge and judgement to make the right decisions and find effective solutions to problems.
- Be able to demonstrate you are a competent tradesperson and have the tools to do the work.
- Have the prerequisite technical, statutory, and legislative knowledge for the trades you perform for the company ensuring you keep abreast of updates and changes.
- Have knowledge of the materials and methods used in the building and maintenance industry.
- NVQ level 2-3 in Carpentry or equivalent.
- Trade based experience may be considered.
- Must have full or automatic driving UK driver license held for 12 months
- Workers must be punctual and reliable.
- Previous experience as a qualified Carpenter preferred.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Diploma level 2 or 3 in Carpentry
- City and Guilds in Carpentry
- NVQ Level 2 plus 3 in Carpentry
- CSCS Skilled Worker Card or above
This is not an exhaustive list of duties as no Job Description could fully outline all the aspects of this role as you may be required to carry out other duties to enable you to perform the function efficiently