Part Time Housing Officer
3 days per week (total of 21 hours)
£30,000 per annum (pro rata)
Covering Ipswich area
All travel and expenses covered
Driving license required
Role and Responsibility
Our Client is a For Profit Registered Provider offering a range of affordable housing solutions to Local Authorities in Ipswich and Essex. We are on a journey to expand our business and increase the number of homes over the next 3 years by growing sustainably with our customers at the forefront of service improvement. We are a unique housing provider (For Profit) supporting a range of housing services to our customers, we are focused on getting it "Right First Time" and working collaboratively to provide comprehensive housing and tenancy management services within a defined geographical area around Ipswich and Essex. This role would be responsible for Housing officer services in Ipswich for (c.300 homes), including the management of rent and service charge payments and arrears; voids and lettings; tenancy management, including nuisance and anti-social behaviour. In addition to provide additional tenancy sustainment support to designated customers, supported by our business support team and senior officers.
Main roles of the post:
- Housing and tenancy management
- To provide advice and information to tenants, residents and others on all tenancy matters, welfare benefits and re-housing requests.
- To assist tenants with support needs to sustain and benefit from their tenancy.
- To assist the whole team approach to achieve void turnaround targets for repair works and to manage the pre-void and lettings process.
- To assess the needs of applicants for housing or transfer, liaising with LA nominees and others, making recommendations for action within the Lettings Policy.
- To ensure that each end of tenancy and new letting is completed in line with administrative and legal requirements, including tenancy termination, tenancy agreement and associated paperwork, HB / UC application, CORE forms etc.
- To ensure that tenants and others understand the rights and responsibilities as set down in tenancy / licence agreements.
- To ensure that the conditions of tenancy are met by the Association's tenants, working with the Housing Management team and other staff to manage breaches and help resolve disputes.
- To assist, when necessary, the business support team to manage rent and service charge payments, taking early and preventative action to minimise arrears.
- Carry out inspections and visits to customers' homes and being the visible front face of our client.
Skills & Abilities
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with tenants, residents, landlords, local authorities, external contractor's colleagues, and management both verbally and in writing.
· Good IT skills including ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Numerate with good analytical skills and communicate with clear written instructions.
· Able to lead, self-motivate and supervise your own work schedule to achieve targets and a high standard of service.
· Able to understand policies and procedures in relation to your duties and responsibilities.
· Able to analyse statistical and other information, and to produce reports when required.
· Able to plan and prioritise to your workload to ensure the effective use of your own time and that of other staff, and the delivery of work plans to timetable, often under pressure.
· Able to write accurate correspondence and reports.
· Able to introduce with ease the implementation of new services or improvements to existing services.
· Commitment to providing a high-quality service to all customers, landlords, local authorities, external contractors,
colleagues and management.
· Able to form and maintain good working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
· Pragmatic, creative approach to problem solving with emphasis on fast, practical solutions
· Ale to show an understanding of, and commitment to, high standards in resident involvement, equal opportunities.
and customer care.
· Self-motivated with high energy and enthusiasm always.