Procurement Officer - Construction
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: Immediately
Location: South West London
Salary: £33K - £41K
A Housing Company based in South West London are currently looking for a Procurement Officer to join their team. The role reports directly to the Commissioning and Procurement Manager and is responsible for supporting the company in undertaking a wide range of procurement services in support of stakeholders, achieving Best Value through the use of professional procurement skills, and aligning procurement activity of organisational goals.
Daily responsibilities of a Procurement Officer are:
- Providing professional commissioning and procurement project support to commissioning leads across the company
- Carrying out tenders and requests for quotations to achieve Best Value and contribute to cost savings.
- Managing projects on the e-tendering portal and preparing tender documentation
- Understanding market research for potential requirements analysing data and producing summaries to drive a focus on the most efficient and effective use of resources to inform commissioning plans.
- Supporting the procurement governance/gateway process to ensure timely and informed commercial decisions
- Maintaining the companies commercial pipeline focusing on establishing proactive stakeholder involvement and timely discussions regarding possible renewal requirement.
- Ensuring all relevant steps in the council's e-tendering portal are complete, and the relevant contract award notices are published within the specified timelines. All contracts are then uploaded to the contract register.
- Supporting the development of procurement guidance materials and templates
- Providing introductory training and support for the e-tendering system
- Providing procurement advice and signposting to further support
- Manage the Commissioning mailbox, ensuring stakeholder queries are responded to in a timely manner
Requirements of a Procurement Officer:
- Good knowledge of commissioning and procurement best practice
- Excellent knowledge of Public Contracts Regulations (PCR 2015)
- Experience of e-tendering portals
- Excellent communications and influencing skills
- Experience of formal report writing and excellent writing skills
- Experience of planning, organising and prioritising workload
- Professional qualification (or willing to work towards one)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively manage own workload