Daniel Owen are proud to be recruiting on behalf of one of the south of England's most prestigious aerospace component manufacturers . A massive supplier into the aerospace industry in the South West of England, their investment in industry leading machine tools is complemented by deep knowledge, expertise and attention to detail. With continuous development within the organisation, a growing footprint and excellent supply chain, they continue to compete in a rapidly evolving industry that has an exciting future ahead.
The purchasing lead is responsible for ensuring optimal supply chain performance to support business requirements and growth. Applying proven purchasing techniques to maximise commercial leverage through commodity structures, bench-marking information gathering and strong negotiation techniques. As a position on the senior leadership team this role is both strategic and tactical, involving your input into top level decision making that will shape the company strategy, as well as day to day management of your 4 - strong team and implementation of new supply chain processes.
- Initiating and leading supply chain improvement actions that challenge existing cost bases
- Developing action plans that drive improvement and business profitability
- Identifying supply sources and gaining competitive quotations for the purchase of raw materials
- Negotiating terms, discounts, rebates etc with suppliers
- Developing and maintaining supplier performance KPIS and reporting as appropriate
- Developing and maintaining a supplier performance chart, and leading any actions with poor performing suppliers
- Developing and maintaining a preferred supplier list
- Driving out unnecessary expenditure and the timely delivery of contractual solutions within the Project timescales.
- Carrying out supplier visits, audits and approvals as required
- Ownership, auditing and reporting for purchasing specific AS9100 procedure development and adherence.
- Compliance management of import regulation requirements and accountability.
- You may be required to work alternative hours as required by business needs
- You may be required to perform any other reasonable duties/specific projects from time to time and as directed by management.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent planning and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate confidently with employees and customers at all levels
- Proven commercial experience
- Previous purchasing and supply chain experience
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- CIPS qualified
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Previous aerospace experience
- Knowledge of AS9100/ISO9001 quality systems
Your benefits and important info:
- Monday - Friday (Early Finish Friday)
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Health Care Cash Plan
- DIS Benefit
- Employee Referral programme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Benefits
- Cycle to Work Scheme