As a Quantity Surveyor, you will play a pivotal role in the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of your designated project
Your responsibilities will include:
- To assist the Contract Manager with pre-start planning and programming
- Continual use of the sub-contract data base
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- Change management control
- Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities
- To manage the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting
- Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout
- Assist the Contract Manager with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate skill set and capability to deliver the works. Place the appropriate order and all required information to carry out their work
- Liaise with the Contract Manager over contractual issues and take action as required
- Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner in accordance with the contracts
- Process subcontractor requests for payment
- Completing a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designated projects
- Where appropriate, assist with estimates and negotiations for future projects or phases
- Attend project and company related meetings
- Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation
- Assist in ensuring the company is fully compliant with Health & Safety
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the construction industry, ideally with experience in the mentioned sectors (Leisure, Education, Retail, Healthcare, Housing).
- A commutable distance from Woodford
- Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the construction industry.
- Membership or working towards membership with a relevant professional body is preferred (e.g., RICS).
If this sounds like a role that suits your profile, then feel free to get in touch.