Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: February 2024
Salary: £41,000 - £51,500
We are currently recruiting for a motivated and professional Quantity Surveyor to join our client's team based in Birmingham. This opportunity arises due to the ongoing growth of our client, a leading construction company in the industry.
The Role: As a Quantity Surveyor, you will play a pivotal role in the success and development of the company. Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will work in partnership with Operations Management, providing line management for Assistant Quantity Surveyors and being accountable for the development of the team.
You will be responsible for accurate and timely reporting, with a key focus on building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ensuring the company obtains value for money and receives the correct market value from the supply chain is fundamental to this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the company secures its full entitlement within the parameters of the Contract.
- Understand and adhere to the company's values and procedures.
- Achieve or exceed budgeted targets for the project team.
- Manage the application schedule of rates and act as a subject matter expert for contractual arrangements.
- Maximise cash flow through monthly invoicing and resolution of client queries.
- Monitor and analyse management information and job cost against job revenue.
- Identify potential disputes and report to the line manager.
- Ensure subcontractor orders accurately reflect main contract requirements.
- Support the SQS in the preparation and timely reporting of information, including Cost Value Reconciliations (CVR) and management accounts.
- QS degree or equivalent training relevant experience.
- Excellent numeracy and organisation skills.
- Data interrogation skills.
- Excellent IT knowledge, including a high level of Excel skills (V-Lookup, Pivot tables, and formula development).
- Contractual awareness.
- Negotiating and communication skills.
- Line management experience and the development of people.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant contract conditions.
- Re-measurement of high-risk packages and trades.
- Controlling costs in accordance with budget.
- Providing feedback for new and effective systems and controls for the business.
- Positive reaction to change and assisting in its implementation in the business.
- Working towards MCIOB or RICS membership.
Personal Qualities: We are looking for individuals who align with our client's values, exhibiting passion for their work and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Some flexibility in working patterns is expected, and a driving license is essential.
- Competitive salary offered.
- Salary sacrifice company car OR basic salary + Motor Expenditure Allowance.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays & your birthday off.
- 26 weeks full pay maternity leave.
- 8 weeks full pay paternity leave.
- Discounted gym memberships, colleague referral fee, dental care, private health care, cycle-to-work scheme, mobile phone provider discounts, and more.