Due to continued success, our client are currently seeking a professional Quantity Surveyor to join their project team, based in Grimsby. Working in partnership with a large social housing provider, where our client will be delivering a variety of planned works including Kitchen, Bathroom, Heating and Groundworks.
Quantity Surveyor duties and responsibilities will include the following:
* Ensure the company secures its full entitlement within the parameters of the Contract and further commercial negotiations.
* Understand the company values and procedures internally and externally.
* Ensure the project team achieve or exceed budgeted targets.
* Responsible for the application schedule of rates, acting as a subject matter expert for contractual arrangements.
* Maximise cash flow through monthly invoicing, the implementation of appropriate procedures to resolve client queries and ensuring cash is received when due.
* Monitoring and analysis of management information and job cost against job revenue, supporting the operations and finance and enablement of data driven decision making.
* Identify potential disputes in a timely manner and report to line manager.
* Ensure sub-contractor orders accurately reflect main contract requirements and scope of works.
* Supporting the SQS in the preparation and timely reporting of information including Cost Value Reconciliations (CVR), Cost Value Comparison (CVC) and management accounts, providing governance of budgets through robust cost control.
* Working towards MCIOB or RICS membership.
Some flexibility in working patterns is to be expected and a Driving license is essential.