Due to our clients' ongoing growth we are currently recruiting for a driven and professional Quantity Surveyor to join the team based in Hull, working as a key member of the commercial team supporting the delivering of a variety of planned works including: Kitchen & Bathrooms for Hull City Council.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and work in partnership with Operations Management, responsible for the line management of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor's and be accountable for the development of the team.
Some flexibility in working patterns is to be expected and a Driving license is essential.
Quantity Surveyors duties and responsibilities will include the following:
* Ensure the company secures its full entitlement within the parameters of the Contract and further commercial negotiations.
* Understand the company values and procedures internally and externally.
* Ensure the project team achieve or exceed budgeted targets.
* Responsible for the application schedule of rates, acting as a subject matter expert for contractual arrangements.
* Maximise cash flow through monthly invoicing, the implementation of appropriate procedures to resolve client queries and ensuring cash is received when due.
* Monitoring and analysis of management information and job cost against job revenue, supporting the operations and finance and enablement of data driven decision making.
* Identify potential disputes in a timely manner and report to line manager.
* Ensure sub-contractor orders accurately reflect main contract requirements and scope of works.
* Supporting the SQS in the preparation and timely reporting of information including Cost Value Reconciliations (CVR), Cost Value Comparison (CVC) and management accounts, providing governance of budgets through robust cost control.