Job Type: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
Industry: Building and Construction
Location: South West England
Salary: GBP£160- £200 Per day (possibility of working on price)
The Client: Daniel Owen are a recruitment company that specialise in placing people within the construction, engineering, rail & maintenance industries. We are currently recruiting on behalf of one of the South Wests leading roofing contractors. They are a family run company that pride themselves on delivering the highest standard roofing and are constantly striving to deliver the best. They are continuously looking for ways to advance industry standards and are forward thinking and passionate in their approach. If you are looking for a company that is going to invest in you, recognise hard work and help you progress in your career whilst giving you access to some of the best and most exciting projects in the South West please get in touch!
JOB DESCRIPTION: We are looking for roofers for the Barnstaple/ North Devon area however if you are looking to move to the South West area or if you are in other areas of Somerset, Devon and Cornwall we are interested in hearing from all of you! Your role will be To assist the contract team in supplying quality roofs across the southwest. The majority of the work is on major housing sites and so experience and knowledge in pitched roofing is essential, however they also have a large share of the commercial work.
Daily responsibilities for a roofer will include:
- loading of materials to the scaffold and roof areas.
- Keep scaffold areas and surrounding area cleared of all debris and waste materials.
- To carry out duties of a skilled roofer as instructed by management. (Slating, tiling, leadwork)
- Keep accurate records of the Site location and hours worked for accurate pay details.
- Be fully conversant, understand and comply with the Company Safety Policy.
- Portray the company image to the best advantage and encourage others to do likewise.
- Adhere to main contractors site rules and regulations.
- Adhere to Health and Safety measures and keep the work area clean and tidy.
- Ensure safe working practices are observed at all times.
Normal working hours are between 7.30am and 4.30 pm, Mondays to Fridays, inclusive with 30 mins for lunch although the jobholder may be required to work longer hours as necessary.
Requirements for the role
- CSCS card
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent in roofing
- The ability to perform physical manual labour
- Own tools NOT required
Keyword tags: "Construction" "roofing" "roofer" "CSCS" "Operative" "pitched" "flat roof"
Call Daniel Owen taunton now for more details.