Monday - Friday
Temp Position until January
Must have previous experience within Property Management/Housing
Must have a fast and dynamic personality
Office based in E4
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Housing officer to join a growing organisation; previous housing experience is essential as the successful candidate will be overseeing a small team of Housing officers dispersed around our portfolio. This is a very hands on role and will require visibility and close working with all stakeholders including LA's, Landlords and other housing agents being the SME for Housing services. As we increase our housing portfolio, which is a mixed of social housing, key worker and supported living we are also investing in our team, IT, and support services to ensure we get it "Right First Time" every time. The successful candidate will be integral to delivery of our corporate plan. Our aim is to work smarter together across the team whilst encouraging innovation, taking ownership, accountability and always delivering value for money for our customers and investors. This is a role to get your teeth in to and to quickly develop to Head of Service level in a growth organisation.
- Manage staff through formal and informal supervision to ensure all relevant Policy and Procedures are adhered.
- Ensure ASB and Rent Policy and Procedures are followed and KPI's are achieved.
- Ensure Voids are kept to a minimum, allocations re appropriate and financial losses are minimised.
- Communicate internally and externally with all relevant stakeholders (Police, SNT Teams, neighbours, customers etc)
- Manage your own time effectively, plan and prioritise workload to ensure targets are met and work is completed.
- Ensure Policy and Procedures around legal cases are followed, complete court papers, attend court and advise Housing Officers
- Ensure risk management processes are adhered to, regarding safety of people and our buildings.
- Actively contribute to the delivery of the housing management service in accordance with associated legislation and regulations and as required contribute to our strategic objectives, policies, and procedures.
Main roles of the post:
- SME for Housing and tenancy management
- To provide advice and information to Housing officers, tenants, residents and others on all tenancy matters, welfare benefits and re-housing requests.
- Line Manager to 6-7 staff
- To assist tenants with support needs to sustain and benefit from their tenancy.
- Integral in driving the whole team approach to achieve void turnaround targets for repair works and to manage the pre-void and lettings process.
- To assess the needs of applicants for housing or transfer, liaising with LA nominees and others, making recommendations for action within the Lettings Policy.
- To ensure that each end of tenancy and new letting is completed in line with administrative and legal requirements, including tenancy termination, tenancy agreement and associated paperwork, HB / UC application, CORE forms etc.
- To ensure that tenants and others understand the rights and responsibilities as set down in tenancy / licence agreements.
- To ensure that the conditions of tenancy are met by the Association's tenants, working with the Housing Management team and other staff to manage breaches and help resolve disputes.
- To assist, when necessary, the business support team to manage rent and service charge payments, taking early and preventative action to minimise arrears.
- Carry out inspections and visits to customers' homes and being the visible front face.