The client specialise in the delivery of high quality cleaning services to some of the most prestigious buildings in London. The Account Management function is vital to the business and delivery of cleaning and support services to site.
Role: Account Manager
Location: London Victoria
- Responsibility for ensuring smooth and profitable running of numerous window cleaning contracts with mobile, site based and rope access teams.
- Full responsibility and accountability for managing the delivery of cleaning and support services to site, ensuring all services provided are delivered at least to the agreed service standard in an efficient, professional and customer focused manner.
- Proactively manage the Public Realm and Estates team.
- Mobilising contracts where necessary and ensuring safe working practices throughout.
- Promoting and helping to develop site IT drop marking systems and all real time reporting.
- Create, brief and review site specific safety documentation and monitor / update site packs.
- Ensuring the safety, welfare and good performance of all staff reporting into you.
- Ensuring training is provided and all PPE logged, and inspections recorded.
- Recruitment, selection, management, and co-ordination of a strong and responsive team.
- Administer monthly payroll of reporting staff and deal with any queries promptly.
- Understanding and getting to know window cleaning elements of their buildings.
- Monitoring and achieving levels of window cleaning in line with the company programme.
- Liaising with clients as and when required to form a strong working relationship.
- Clear management reporting on account aspects of the operation, with regular updates.
- Strong financial control of all contracts with account costs within budget and all invoicing, accurate and timely.
- Manage subcontractors and suppliers when required.
- At least 3 year's experience working in the either; the window cleaning industry; cleaning industry; in a managerial role.
- High volume public realm experience.
- Working at height experience is essential.
- Experience leading and managing horizontal cleaning teams.
- IOSH qualification - preferable or working towards.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages.
- Experience of working with CAFM systems.
- A quality driven leader of people, systems and service whose leadership and experience ensure the services are provided to the highest standard.
- Good attention to detail, communication and negotiation skills.
- In depth knowledge of budget control, the industry and Health & Safety.