Daniel Owen are currently recruiting for a Area Facilities Officer to join a large property service client in Southwark, City of London.
Hours: Full Time- 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Proactively engage with customers at all levels within the council to understand and interpret their short, medium and long term business needs in a timely and efficient manner ensuring CFM departmental policies and procedures are fully adhered to and Service Level Agreements (SLA's) are maintained
- Supervise a team of facilities staff to ensure that all operational buildings are properly inspected and audited, checking and reviewing in respect of property maintenance, compliance, condition and safety
- Respond to emergency or urgent property management issues when escalated by Area Facilities Officer, seeking to resolve them as quickly and as cost effectively as possible
- Ensure the emergency procedures manual follows the same principles as the Tooley Street model and covers: Fire, Bomb, Flood, Suspicious Package, Lift Entrapment and Utility Failure, in relation to the designated operational buildings
- Ensure that the FM Operations Manager is regularly briefed on performance, operational building compliance, works or repair progress and given timely advice and updates on options and their implementation
- Specify and commission repair, maintenance and improvement works on behalf of the FM Operations Manager and Buildings Manager up to an appropriate budget level
- Deliver and support all site-based customer/client related facilities management services to ensure that staff are adequately accommodated and supplied to meet their business needs in line with financial & departmental policy
- Support CFM's strategic objective of developing its capacity as an intelligent client by assisting in the provision of high quality and timely, property-related management and performance data at the site operations level
- Liaise and consult with the CFM Technical team on property matters requiring input from building surveyors, quantity surveyors, architects, or mechanical electrical and plumbing (MEP) engineers
- Ensure that all Health and Safety regulations, statutory legislation and council policies are adhered to by corporate facilities management staff and support contractors while working on or in Council property
- Responsible for premises management in operational buildings and ensuring that they are maintained to a safe secure working environment for both staff and visitors
- Develop strong operational customer relationships and develop the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and supported services in relation to the hard and soft services and any other contract
- The job holder will report to the FM Operations Manager and will be required to report on operational building mandatory and statutory compliance, and will have authority to commit and authorise expenditure to an appropriate level.
- The work will often have a high profile delivering signature projects with high visibility up to and including Strategic Director Level.
- The job holder is required to ensure the health and safety of themselves and others, checking that risk assessments and safe systems of work are deployed by both directly managed and indirectly managed staff.
- The work can have significant resource implications, with effective works and operational delivery minimising revenue expenditure, maximising staff efficiency, and allowing the timely capture of capital receipts.
- The job holder will be fully conversant with Council financial policy, CSO's and corporate contracts ensuring fair distribution and does not receive challenge
- The work will bring the job holder into contact with council staff and teams, up to and including Strategic Director level, external contacts (suppliers, landlords, tenants etc.) and external agencies (enforcing agencies, planners etc.). This will involve the job holder ensuring effective two way communication, and the giving and receiving of guidance, instructions and advice
- Knowledge of operational facilities management
- Knowledge of mandatory and statutory building compliance (Fire, Water Hygiene, Asbestos etc)
- Have hard FM bias, knowledge or experience of technical services
- Heath and Safety qualification (IOSH or equivalent)
- BIFM qualification or evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Substantial experience of building customer relationships in a large multi site blue chip or government organisation
- Experience of managing FM Contracts
- Experience of working in a large total facilities management department
- Experience of carrying out audits and writing operational reports
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to undertake CPD training and share best practice
If you are interested or would like to discuss your application further, please call the Daniel Owen Facilites Management Team today.