Assistant Communal Plant Manager - £45,000 + Package
Job Type - Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Industry - Local Authority / Maintenance
Location - London
Salary - £45,000
Daniel Owen are currently recruiting on behalf of one of the largest and cash rich housing associations in the South East. Due to an recent organisation change they are now looking to grow their M&E / Compliance team and so are in need of an Assistant Communal Plant Manager.
This is a permanent position and a driving licence is required.
Daily responsibilities for the successful supervisor will include:
- Ensure that all mechanical installations within the housing stock are maintained to a high standard
- This includes district heating systems, communal cold water services, communal mechanical ventilation systems and all other plant and assets
- Attend Contractor and Residents meetings as and when required
- Take on associated work as reasonably directed by the Mechanical Contract Manager
- Inspect major service failures, intermittent breakdowns and protracted repairs
- Inspect works in progress to ensure that the contractor is working safely
- Investigate service failures and incidents in accordance with RoSPA or similar techniques.
- Manage installation programmes delivered under the term contracts to achieve high quality works, accurate handover documentation, value for money and full spend of the allocated budgets
- Support the delivery of mechanical revenue budgets
- Liaise closely with the Compliance & Technical Team and Asset Strategy Team
- Work closely with the Compliance & Technical Team to ensure that the procedures for handing over works from an installation contractor are properly executed
- Systematically collate and analyse data on the performance of mechanical plant
- Support the administration process to ensure that information required to update the asset management software is inputted correctly and systematically.
- Apply effective interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and appropriately with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Requirements for the role:
- ACS in the following as a minimum: CCN1, CEN1, CKR1, CPA1, DAH1, WAT1, HTR1, UHWS, EE1, COCN1, CMDDA1, TPCP1A
- Working towards IEng, CEng, MIET
- Experience of working in M&E engineering
- Expert knowledge of gas and mechanical installations
- Driving Licence
Our client is offering a permanent position with a package.