Assistant Quantity Surveyor for a large construction and surveying contractor that specialises in residential projects. Our client is looking for a determined and hardworking Junior/Assistant QS to join their projects based in and around Cambridgeshire.
- Assist Quantity Surveyors in costing building projects at all stages from planning to completion.
- Before a project begins, you will estimate quantities and costs of materials, labour, plant, taxes and the likely maintenance costs for a new building or civil engineering project.
- Attending construction site at various stages of the project and measures.
- Keep detailed records of all measurements to use to calculate actual costs of the project.
Personal qualities and skills
- Have good communication skills to talk with quantity surveyors and other members of the construction team
- Enjoy working with numbers as you will need to make calculations quickly and accurately
- Have IT skills
- Be able to pay attention to detail
- Have an interest in how buildings are built
- Be able to understand technical drawings
- Degree qualified
- 2+ years site experience preffered
If you feel you would be well suited to this role please apply, or get in contact for more information.