Our client are a leading Commercial Refurb & Fit-Out specialist, based in South-East London offering innovative solutions to the construction industry.
They create inspiring interior environments - high-impact, world class concepts designed to make brands and homes stand out. They work across all key sectors, ranging from major global brands through to private residential customers. From concept to delivery, they provide a seamlessly integrated tailored service, backed by outstanding customer care.
My client are actively on the lookout for responsible candidates who want to grow and progress on to become senior members of the team. They are a big believer in nurturing and training people early in order to get the best out of people. They are looking to bring on an Assistant QS who can grow within the company.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Prepare and dispatch tender packages to subcontractors
- Set up job files and all necessary records
- Collate subcontractor tenders and in consultation with the Contracts Manager, award subcontracts
- In conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, check and approve subcontractor claims for payment
- Liaise with subcontractors to resolve queries
- Assess and cost variations to contract
- Update and maintain records
- Assist with contract valuations
- Assist with monthly cost/value reconciliations
- In conjunction with the Senior Project Surveyor, submit and agree final accounts
- Predominantly office based but site visits will be required through South London or adjacent Home Counties
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying, or in the process of obtaining this
- Have a minimum 2 years demonstrated commercial/residential UK experience
- Have excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate
- Up to £30,000 + Package
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Tom Fitzpatrick on 0207 248 0000