Role: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £20k - £30k
Our client are a medium sized contractor, based in Dartford offering innovative, high quality refurbishment and fit-out solutions to the construction industry.
They provide a tailored service to their clients on interior and exterior projects and are proud of the level of service their clients receive and as such are looking for an individual that pays attention to detail and takes pride in their work.
My client are actively on the lookout for a responsible Assistant Quantity Surveyor who wants to grow and progress on to becoming a senior member of their commercial team. They are a big believer in nurturing and training people early in order to get the best out of people. This is a great opportunity for an aspiring quantity surveyor the develop their career in a supportive environment.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Prepare and dispatch tender packages to subcontractors
- Set up job files and all necessary records
- Collate subcontractor tenders and in consultation with the Contracts Manager, award subcontracts
- In conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, check and approve subcontractor claims for payment
- Liaise with subcontractors to resolve queries
- Assess and cost variations to contract
- Update and maintain records
- Assist with contract valuations
- Assist with monthly cost/value reconciliations
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying, or in the process of obtaining this
- Have a minimum 1 year demonstrated commercial management experience
- Have excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Tom Fitzpatrick on 0207 248 0000