Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £25k - £30k
Our client are a leading Commercial Refurbishment, based in South-East London offering innovative, high quality solutions to the construction industry.
They provide a tailored service to their clients on interior and exterior projects and are proud of the level of service their clients receive. From concept to delivery, they provide a seamlessly integrated service, backed by outstanding customer care.
My client are actively on the lookout for a responsible Assistant Quantity Surveyor who wants to grow and progress on to becoming a senior member of their commercial team. They are a big believer in nurturing and training people early in order to get the best out of people. This is a great opportunity for an aspiring quantity surveyor the develop their career in a supportive environment.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Prepare and dispatch tender packages to subcontractors
- Set up job files and all necessary records
- Collate subcontractor tenders and in consultation with the Contracts Manager, award subcontracts
- In conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, check and approve subcontractor claims for payment
- Liaise with subcontractors to resolve queries
- Assess and cost variations to contract
- Update and maintain records
- Assist with contract valuations
- Assist with monthly cost/value reconciliations
- In conjunction with the Senior Project Surveyor, submit and agree final accounts
- Predominantly office based but site visits will be required through South London or adjacent Home Counties
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying, or in the process of obtaining this
- Have a minimum 1 year demonstrated commercial management experience
- Have excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Tom Fitzpatrick on 0207 248 0000