Job Title - Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Salary - £25k-£30k plus package
Location - Bromley
As one of the UK's leading home builders, our client have been creating beautiful new homes in highly desirable locations since 1959.
Our client are a private, family-owned property development company based in Kent, and also have regional offices in Cheshire, Yorkshire and Lancashire. The group owns and manages a commercial property portfolio worth in excess of £1 billion.
Currently building more than 600 homes a year in the UK, our client offer an impressive portfolio of apartments, mews and townhouse residences, as well as spacious detached homes.
The company is well versed in restoration projects, converting many listed buildings and has diversified into the retirement homes sector.
Reporting to and working closely with the Managing Director, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Prepare and dispatch tender packages to subcontractors
- Set up job files and all necessary records
- Collate subcontractor tenders and in consultation with the Contracts Manager, award subcontracts
- In conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, check and approve subcontractor claims for payment
- Liaise with subcontractors to resolve queries
- Assess and cost variations to contract
- Update and maintain records
- Assist with contract valuations
- Assist with monthly cost/value reconciliations
- In conjunction with the Senior Project Surveyor, submit and agree final accounts
- Predominantly office based but site visits will be required through South London or adjacent Home Counties
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying, or in the process of obtaining this
- Have a minimum 2 years demonstrated commercial UK experience
- Have excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Megan Spice on 0207 248 0000