Job Title - Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Salary - £20k-£30k plus package
Location - Bromley
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is needed to join a leading construction management company, who have developed a leading reputation in the industry through their quality of service to clients. They are heavily involved in commercial projects valued at £1-£3m.
They specialise in refurbishment and fit-out projects in and around Kent and this is an amazing opportunity to work for a successful construction company, who maintain a friendly thinking company culture and truly take care of their employees.
Reporting to and working closely with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Prepare and dispatch tender packages to subcontractors
- Set up job files and all necessary records
- Collate subcontractor tenders and in consultation with the Contracts Manager, award subcontracts
- In conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, check and approve subcontractor claims for payment
- Liaise with subcontractors to resolve queries
- Assess and cost variations to contract
- Update and maintain records
- Assist with contract valuations
- Assist with monthly cost/value reconciliations
- In conjunction with the Senior Project Surveyor, submit and agree final accounts
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying, or in the process of obtaining this
- Have a minimum 2 years demonstrated commercial UK experience
- Have excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate
- 2 Years Post Graduate Experience
If this role is of interest to you then please apply directly or feel free to call Megan Spice on 020 7248 0000.