My client is an experienced property Investment & Development Company working with a substantial portfolio of residential properties in London.
As an assistant quantity surveyor, you will have a previous track record for working alongside a leading developer. They are looking for people who want to grow and progress on to become senior members of the team.
They are a big believer in nurturing and training people early to get the best out of people. They are looking to bring on an Assistant QS who can grow within the company.
Reporting to the Director, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Prepare and dispatch tender packages to subcontractors
- Set up job files and all necessary records
- Collate subcontractor tenders and in consultation with the Contracts Manager, award subcontracts
- In conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, check and approve subcontractor claims for payment
- Liaise with subcontractors to resolve queries
- Assess and cost variations to contract
- Update and maintain records
- Assist with contract valuations
- Assist with monthly cost/value reconciliations
- In conjunction with the Senior Project Surveyor, submit and agree final accounts
- Predominantly office based but site visits will be required through South London or adjacent Home Counties
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying, or in the process of obtaining this
- Have commercial/residential UK experience
- Have excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Shavannah on 0207 248 0000.