I am looking to appoint a Commercial Assistant / Assistant Quantity Surveyor into a well known local nationwide contractor in the Stockport/Manchester area for a permanent contract. This is to work on a programme of responsive repairs and maintenance for around 10,000 properties for a range of housing associations.
Day to day duties are as follows but not limited to:
- Manage your workload effectively, whilst playing a key role in the operation of quality assurance and ensuring that the customer receives an excellent service
Working in conjunction with the Commercial and Operations teams to ensure appropriate commercial controls and in place and adhered
Cost control (Increasing/Decreasing of purchase cards, approval of materials)
Material Analysis (prepare and distribute material spends to the operational/commercial team)
Challenging and uploading material consolidated invoices onto the system
Ensuring jobs are closed and invoiced - Raising Purchase Orders
Subcontractor liaising and management (processing subcontractor invoices, cultural and performance reviews, payment queries) - Processing supplier invoices
Monitoring and ensuring queries are answered to from the Commercial Inbox
Internal Accounts Queries
The successful candidate must have the following:
- HNC in construction or equivalent
- Substantial experience of working in a QS related position
- Able to use IT processes and packages such as Microsoft
- Full UK driving licence and access to transport
- Knowledge of the building processes
37 hours per week Monday - Friday. Hourly rate negotiable.
If you are looking for an excellent career opportunity, please apply within or call Abby on 0191 814 1360.