Management of high volume reactive works.
Experience of Listed Buildings/buildings within conservation areas.
Experience of maintaining Victorian/Edwardian street properties.
As Building Surveyor you will be responsible for carrying out property surveys on one of our flagship partnership contracts delivering ongoing maintenance works to social housing stock consisting of Victorian/Edwardian Street properties and listed buildings within conservation areas. In this exciting and challenging role you will liaise with our subcontractors obtaining quotes for works and managing work through to completion. The types of works will be a range of low and high value and varied from replacing a front door or bath to a replacement roof, retaining walls or wooden sash windows.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To identify Lifecycle and Cyclical works under the various contracts, design solutions, manage resident expectations, to procure works (value for money) to place orders and manage works through to completion
- To ensure compliance with all company management policies and procedures and drive continuous improvement
- Provide leadership and direction for Project team members
- Attend Resident Consultation Meetings as required
- Management of Subcontractors and Suppliers
- To provide technical support to colleague as required
- Daily updating of Management information
The preferred candidate will have previous experience as a Building Surveyor with Social Housing experience. You will be fully aware of building regulations, planning and listed building applications, listed building and conservation area protocol, general surveying practices and experience of diagnosing damp and roofing issues. You will also have:
- Ability to assess the correctness, performance to date, and likely future performance of the various constituent elements that combine to make a building.
- Ability to diagnose faults and produce specifications of works.
- Have sound numeracy skills and required level of commercial acumen.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and proven negotiation skills.
- RICS certified or similar would be beneficial however this is not essential.
This is an exciting and challenging role and a chance to be part of a growing team and organisation. If the above sounds like you then we would strongly encourage you to apply.