Job Type - Permanent
Start Date: Late November
Location - South East London
Salary - FROM £38k
Daniel Owen are currently recruiting on behalf of a property services maintenance company. Our client is looking for an experienced Building Surveyor to join their direct Maintenance team based in South East London.
This is a permanent position and a vehicle is required.
Daily responsibilities for the successful Surveyor will include:
- Carry out the more detailed inspections and surveys to manage the defects and latent defect issues.
- Liaising with aftercare teams to provide specialist technical support to Direct Maintenance Operations.
- To evaluate and project manage works through to completion
- Produce evaluations and reports and quality inspect
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide detailed technical support
- Carry our detailed property surveys
- Working on latent defects, damp and roofing
Essential knowledge of:
- Building construction methods - Essential
- Building surveying skills, relating to building defects and dilapidation's - Essential
- Experience in social housing environment
- Experience in general Health and Safety practices - Essential
- Experience of liaison with local resident groups.
- Understanding of contract law and housing law - Essential
- Experience in managing Legal Disrepair claims and the use of the Disrepair Protocol
- Demonstrable experience of delivering high quality, efficient delivering housing maintenance services - Essential
Requirements for the role:
- Educated to degree level
- Experience working within Social Housing
26 days holiday
Excellent pension contributions
Employee Health care