I am working with a local authority to help appoint a Building Surveyor into their growing team. They are looking to appoint a candidate as soon as possible with the aim of employing them on an ongoing basis if the candidate is suitable.
Key Roles of this position are as follows:
1. Carrying out inspections (potentially working at heights), investigations and surveys to diagnose and remedy building defects in relation to high rise fire safety.
2. To evaluate proposals from manufacturers and subcontractors to remedy building defects.
3. To prepare estimates for planned works including budget and life-cycle costs.
4. To ensure that any warranties, certification, accreditation and registration for any aspects of the work is achieved, recorded and controlled.
5. To produce reports, develop specifications and suitable scope of works packages following analysis of repairs data, asset data, H&S risk assessments or survey data.
6. Produce full working drawings using AutoCAD.
7. To undertake research and development into maintenance solutions and the promotion of these.
8. To procure in accordance with the clients contract procedural rules and construction protocol.
9. To assist the Contract Administrator in the preparation of tender documentation.
10. To undertake inspection of works in progress and completed works to ensure these have been completed to a satisfactory standard and in accordance with manufacturer's instructions.
11. To liaise with interested stakeholders and contractors to ensure compliance with Health, Safety and CDM legislation and any other statutory contractual obligations such as planning or building control consent etc.
12. To fulfil the role of Principal Designer.
13. To work with members of the public. Effectively negotiate and adopt a problem-solving approach with all interested stakeholders and partners to ensure that building assets are improved and refurbished to a high standard.
14. To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
15. Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
Candidates must hold:
- Degree in Building Surveying
- CSCS card or equivalent safety qualification
- Driving license
Rate is negotiable depending on experience. The starting hourly rate as it stands is very competitive.
Please contact the office on 0191 814 1360 to find out more about the role and express your interest.