£42,000 + Package
Social Housing Maintenance - Cyclical / Planned Works
Daniel Owen are proud to be representing a highly successful construction, development, maintenance, investment and management group. The role sits within the maintenance sector that work across housing contracts providing hard facilities management services to tenanted and void properties on a unique partnering agreement basis for housing associations.
Building Surveyor working across the cyclical works planning team, to work on a Key Social Housing PFI Contract on a permanent basis.
As Building Surveyor you will be responsible for carrying out property surveys on a flagship partnership contract delivering ongoing maintenance works to social housing stock consisting of Victorian/Edwardian Street properties and listed buildings within conservation areas.
In this role you will liaise with our subcontractors obtaining quotes for works and managing work through to completion. The types of works will range from replacing a front door or bath to a replacement roof, retaining walls or wooden sash windows.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To identify Cyclical works under the various contracts, design solutions, manage resident expectations, to procure works (value for money) to place orders and manage works through to completion
- To ensure compliance with all company management policies and procedures and drive continuous improvement
- Provide leadership and direction for Project team members
- Attend Resident Consultation Meetings as required
- Management of Subcontractors and Suppliers
- To provide technical support to colleague as required
- Daily updating of Management information
The preferred candidate will have previous experience as a Building Surveyor with Social Housing experience.
- Aware of building regulations
- Planning and listed building applications
- Listed building and conservation area protocol
- General surveying practices and experience of diagnosing damp and roofing issues
If this sounds like something of interest then please send your CV to the advert.
Building Surveyor - £42,000 + Package - Social Housing Maintenance - Cyclical / Planned Works