I am looking to appoint Building Technicians to join a leading team in the public sector.
Based in Gateshead, to provide and co-ordinate pre-construction information for the delivery of Repairs and Maintenance, including void properties, adaptations and minor works projects across Gateshead Council's stock and assets.
Successful candidates in this post will be responsible for visiting tenants to review requested repairs.
This role requires candidates to be out 4 days per week, not only reviewing repairs that have been reported but candidates will survey properties more generally for any other repairs which may need attention (please note this is not a formal surveying role). As part of the visit process, BT's will provide advise to tenants about the issues, and will diagnose the scope of the repairs throughout the property beyond the initial report. Candidates will need to have good attention to detail and thoroughly review the property to ensure the correct trades people are scheduled for the work.
In addition to the initial inspection, successful candidates will also complete post inspections ensuring they providing honest feedback on the standard of work completed in the properties.
The right candidate will also have:
- Principles of Construction
- Health & Safety regulations, including CDM Regs
- Building Regulations and Code of Practice
- Surveying, planning of complex repairs and maintenance and minor works projects
- Specifying materials and producing schedules of works and materials
- Specifying access equipment
- Effective communication skills
- Using Microsoft office applications
- HNC in a Construction related subject or relevant experience
- SSSTS or willingness to work towards (or relevant H&S training)
If interested, please apply within or call Abigail on 0191 814 1360 / 07912274473.