Duration: Long term/Perm
Location: Colchester, Essex
Salary is negotiable according to experience
CAD Technician/Estimator required to join our Senior Management Team.
- Reading and interpreting drawings and specifications from Architects/Designers for estimating purposes
- Reviewing tender documents (bill of quantities, drawings and plans) and working up detailed and accurate quotations
- Production of detailed and accurate CAD drawings for client approval and workshop manufacture
- Planning and coordinating jobs in the Workshop working closely with the Workshop Manager to ensure all projects are run efficiently, safely and in accordance with project timescales
- Liaising with existing clients to ensure smooth running of all projects and building and maintaining new and existing client relationships
- Site surveys and design meetings as and when required
- Liaising and communicating with our suppliers and researching potential new suppliers as required
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Background in Joinery and experience in producing Joinery to a good standard
- Knowledge of staircases - desirable but not essential
- Proficient in AutoCAD Design
- Ability to read and interpret detailed working drawings from Architects and Designers
- Ability to produce detailed drawings for clients for sign off and for the Workshop to manufacture from
- Good maths skills and a sound communicator
- Confident in coordinating a varied and interesting workload
- Ability to prioritise effectively and hit deadlines.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Outlook) is required.
- Works well within a small team.
- Salary negotiable, dependant on experience.
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Statutory Contributory Government Pension Scheme.
- Quarterly bonus based on business performance.
- Free parking.
- Growing company with great potential for personal growth and development
They are a niche manufacturer of quality bespoke joinery products based in Essex and their business was established over 50 years ago. Since then we have experienced consistent and steady growth. Products range from bespoke staircases, heritage and traditional joinery to modern contemporary reception desks, fitted furniture, windows and doors etc.
If you feel you might be suitable for this position, please apply with your up-to-date CV.