Call Handler/Admin Assistant
Full time Monday - Friday
£19,500 per annum
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Call Handler/Admin Assistant to join a Repairs Contractor based in Southampton.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
You will be working in the office in Southampton making and receiving calls from our Direct Operatives and Subcontractors and Client. Your prime responsibilities will be to receive repair appointments, ordering materials for the operatives and closing jobs after the operatives have attended and dealing with any further actions.
- To give and record clean information. You will be responsible for all information relating to jobs and ensuring that when you deal with a job you are receiving or issuing the right information. Focusing on one job at a time as far as you possibly can, before moving onto the next one.
- Place materials orders with suppliers, and chase progress when required, to enable the Operative to carry out the repair, whether van stock or a pulled order.
- Constantly monitor the job/materials order screens, and when a job/materials order requires you to act take action, or if uncertain ask the Service Manager for assistance.
- Identify any issues with a job/operative and advise the Service Manager to act on.
- Have a clear and concise approach to verbal communication, able to use the phone to communicate effectively, and have good typing skills.
- Able to deal with lots of activity, remain focused on the call you are dealing with, and the information that needs to be recorded or transferred by completing the task you are on before moving on to the next.
- Have good computer skills in MS Office and be comfortable and a quick learner in using job management systems.
- Understand what it is to be part of a team and ensure that learning is shared within the team.
- Be able to take direction from the Resource Controller and be happy to respond to their instructions.
- Be flexible in your working hours to be able to support the delivery of the service; be reliable and dependable; identify issues and record them, along with other measures as necessary.
- Be comfortable in dealing with the workforce, Uni office staff and be able to remain professional even when issues are contentious.
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance trades. (Desirable)
- Experience of working in a Repairs and Maintenance call centre or any other call centre environment. (Required)
- A minimum of 2 years office experience (Required)
If you are interested in this role, please give me a call on 0207 248 7000 or apply with your CV.
Keywords: Call Handler, Admin Assistant, Property Services, Maintenance, Southampton