Job Type: Carpentry Foreman
Contract Start date: Immediate
Industry: Building and Construction
Rate: £18-£22 Per Hour depending on experience and Pay Type.
Carpentry Foreman required for a site in Crewkerne. The working hours will be 8am-5pm Monday to Friday with the potential to work weekends during busy periods. This is expected to be a long term position with the potential for a permanent job.
The contractor is a local builder based in Somerset that will have sites over the County. The contractor typically have 3-4 large sites with an addition of multiple small work contracts that they will require a working supervisor to oversea. the majority of this work will be in education and health care environments.
They are looking for a time served carpenter that is looking to move into a supervisory role or a foreman that is happy to continue working on the tools to work with a small tight knit team. The ideal candidate will be good with subcontractors and organising finishing works with an overall focus on finishings.
Abilities of a Carpentry foreman Include:
- Hands on approach to site work
- Work closely with subcontractors to ensure that the work is on program
- Polite and professional approach to customers and provide a high standard of service
- Work closely with apprentice carpenters to teach them essential skills
- remain within handover periods and expectations meeting all handover criteria
- have a solid background in construction and residential housing
Requirements for the role
- NVQ or equivalent in carpentry
- SSSTS or SMSTS would be an advantage but not essential
- First aid would be an advantage but not essential
* Own PPE - High vis vest, safety glasses, gloves, dust mask and hard hat can be provided by Daniel Owen