Daniel Owen are currently recruiting for a Cleaning Supervisor on behalf of a Commercial Facilities Management client based in Hatfield
Hours: Monday to Saturday 06:00AM-12:00PM
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager to supervise a team of cleaning operatives ensuring that cleaning requirements are delivered to the standards specified in the contract and that all policies and procedures are followed.
In your new role as a Cleaning Supervisor you will build relationships and rapport with the client, complete audit inspections and review performance of delivery against the Service Level Agreement and Cleaning Specification. You will manage and implement weekly documents such as staff attendance sheets and returns to work, meeting notes as well as delivering adequate health and safety compliance and following the clients statutory fire and safety regulations to mitigate any risks.
What we are looking for
In order to be successful in this role you will need have previous supervisor experience ideally in Cleaning . You will also have good communication skills understanding written and verbal English, be highly organised, effectively prioritise your own workload and be IT literate to use Microsoft Office.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To manage a team of cleaners to deliver scheduled cleaning in allocated buildings to the relevant BICSs standard. This will be achieved through the recruitment, training and development of staff, monitoring and controlling their attendance, undertaking audits and feeding back on work performance.
- To work with the Line manager to keep the operation under continual review thereby ensuring that measures to change or improve can be taken in a timely manner. To communicate any changes to staff and to gain their acceptance.
- To act as a point of contact for any staff concerns resolving any issues which fall within the scope of the role and referring other matters to the line manager for resolution.
- To manage and control the usage of cleaning materials ensuring the timely reorder of stock in line with company ordering procedures
- Working with the Facilities Manager to ensure that staff meet service requirements.
- To provide a consistent level of support to staff, client and visitors.
- To ensure that all paperwork including reports are completed to an acceptable standard and are completed in a timely and to check any paperwork completed by staff for accuracy and completeness
- To monitor and control the time recording systems used by staff ensuring that the records are correct and taking action where failings are observed.
- To ensure that staff receive relevant training in terms of inductions, BICCS, company policies and procedures and health and safety requirements and that relevant records are maintained. To take remedial action where employees are not meeting the standards required
- To actively promote customer care within the team ensuring that the company's visions and values are embedded into all work activities and to challenge any inappropriate behaviours in a timely but supportive manner.
- To ensure all staff are provided with and use the correct PPE and colour coding in line with the company's standards.
- To undertake other duties which are commensurate with the nature and requirement of the role
If you are interested, or would like to discuss your application further, please contact the Daniel Owen Facilities Management Team today.