Looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active and organised individual who has the ability to use their initiative within all areas of the business. As a Commercial Administrator, you will be working in a busy environment where time management, ability to prioritise workload and good attention to detail are important.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assisting the Commercial Team to prepare estimates, cost plans, bills of quantities, specifications and schedule of rates for new build, improvements and maintenance work.
- Produce and send enquiries to subcontractors inviting them to tender and engagement with supply chain.
- Receive and analyse quotations, liaising with Contracts Managers and Site Agents regarding price, proven history, availability etc.
- Assisting the Commercial Team with the procurement of Subcontracts and materials purchase orders.
- Collating the information for monthly Cost Value Reconciliations and Project Progress meetings.
- Evaluating subcontract applications and producing certifications.
- Your duties may vary from time to time within the broad remit of your role. You are required to undertake any such reasonable and appropriate duties.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Ideally looking for someone with a Degree/HNC in Quantity Surveying/Construction but not essential
- Have strong numeracy skills and IT skills which are critical for this role (Microsoft excel, word).
- Ability to analyse and process technical data.
- A commercial awareness and understanding of the construction process would be advantageous but is not essential.