Permanent - £75,000 - £85,000
Daniel Owen are proud to be representing a well-known social housing company based in Hertfordshire who are looking for an ambitious Commercial Manager to join their team.
They are looking for a proactive Coimmercial Manager who is wanting to progress quickly in a social housing environment where they will be supported from the start.
- Overall, this role is responsible for ensuring the commercial success and viability of the Repairs & Planned service.
- Reporting into the Head of Operations this role will lead all commercial activities in relation to the Repairs & Planned service.
- To lead on all commercial negotiations with suppliers and contractors to the service, to continually review our commercial arrangements and ensure we are achieving value for money
- To have ownership of the budgets allocated to the service and to work collaboratively with the Head of Operations to maximise our commercial position whilst remaining within allocated budgets
- To lead on all aspects of cost control, variations approvals and finance reporting
- To interrogate and validate all materials expenditure incurred by the Repairs & Planned service
- To oversee the team and contact clients to ensure commercial delivery
- Accountable for the resolution of contractual issues both client and supply chain facing.
- Report together with the Head of Operations the Business Units, CVR's
- To ensure that the contract review process focuses on contract performance, WIP, debt, etc. and to ensure that forecast final cost, value and profit reconciliations are produced against the contracts on a monthly basis.
- To manage the commercial team to ensure all variations are produced and claimed, including other formal records for extra works and to maximise the evaluation of these.
- To lead a regional team including, Commercial, Estimating, Surveying, Governance, Procurement and Administration. This will also cover performance management, Personal Performance Reviews, disciplinary action and learning and development of the team.
- Property services/construction industry interest
- IT and Excel Literate
- HNC or Degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial management qualification required.
If this sounds like a role that suits your profile, then feel free to get in touch.