Communal Plant Contract Manager - £53,000 + Package
Job Type - Permanent
Industry - Local Authority / Maintenance
Location - London
Salary - £53,000
Daniel Owen are currently recruiting on behalf of one of the largest housing associations in the South East. Due to a recent organisation change they are now looking to grow their M&E / Compliance team and so are in need of a Communal Plant Contract Manager.
The main focus of the role will be to ensure that all mechanical installations within the housing stock are maintained. This will include district heating systems, communal cold water services, communal mechanical ventilation systems and all other plant and assets.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Manage the Mechanical Services contracts to ensure that the service provider fully delivers all contractual requirement
- Lead a team of technical staff to deliver highly effective contract and budget management.
- Provide strong support to all individuals to improve technical skills and management competencies, and achieve professional qualifications.
- Manage the mechanical services term contracts
- Work closely with the Compliance & Technical Team to ensure that the procedures for handing over works from an installation contractor are properly executed
- Ensure that all plant within the scope of the mechanical services contract is maintained to a good excellent standard and that there are highly effective systems in place for planned, preventative maintenance.
- Ensure there are effective systems in place to deal with any occurrence of major or minor service failure, including the provision of alternative services and high quality communications with all stakeholders.
- Ensure that the Department's mechanical revenue budgets are accurately profiled, rigorously monitored and correctly reported to achieve effective forecasting and control of spend.
- Manage installation programmes
- Liaise closely with the Compliance & Technical Team and Asset Strategy Team
- Provide authoritative advice on all issues relating to mechanical plant. Prepare responses and formal written reports to the Executive Team, senior Peabody staff, the Board, Members of the Council and MPs.
- Take the lead technical role in the procurement of new mechanical term contracts
- This will include district heating systems, communal cold water services, communal mechanical ventilation systems and all other plant and assets
- Extensive experience of managing the repair and maintenance of all mechanical services serving large scale housing stock, including large district heating systems
- Extensive experience of managing mechanical services to achieve full compliance with the statutory and regulatory frameworks applicable to mechanical services
- Extensive experience of managing large complex contracts for the delivery of repairs and maintenance to all types of mechanical installation
- Extensive experience of specifying major repairs and renewals of mechanical services
- Experience of managing and developing a multi-disciplinary team of technical staff
Requirements for the role:
- HND in Building Services, Engineering or a Qualified Gas Safe engineer (ACS qualification), AGSM or IGEM accreditation
- Educated to HNC level in an engineering discipline
Our client is offering a permanent position with a package.