Compliance Manager - £40,000 + Package
Job Type - Permanent
Industry - Local Authority / Maintenance
Location - London
Salary - £40,000
Daniel Owen are currently recruiting on behalf of one of the largest housing associations in the South East. Due to a recent organisation change they are now looking to grow their M&E / Compliance team and so are in need of a Compliance Manager.
The main focus of the role will be to make sure that the client are fully compliant on all aspects of mechanical and electrical services and manage on day to day basis the Compliance Officers (Water, Gas, Electrical).
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team of compliance officers ensuring that suitable objectives are set
- Provide compliance monitoring for the whole property portfolio including domestic, commercial, facilities managed, care and support and offices/community centres.
- Develop and issue the compliance programmes and ensure service delivery and contractors are kept informed of any changes.
- Monitor and report on compliance to the Head of Mechanical and Electrical Compliance
- Provide an update on any problems encountered and proposed solutions.
- Compile a comprehensive history of access attempts and information on any tenant vulnerability issues/checks that may lead to alternative methods of access
- Work with Neighbourhood Managers, Service Delivery teams, compliance engineers, estate caretakers, electrical contractor & the residents' neighbours / relatives to investigate no access issues.
- Ensure compliance team communicate proactively with residents
- To ensure a comprehensive and accurate compliance database is maintained to record monthly and year to date compliances - to be updated daily, weekly etc as required
A continuous Gas and Mechanical services safety record compliancy of 100%, to be reported includes:
- Gas (domestic and communal)
- Electrical services (domestic and communal)
- Fire alarm and AOV tests
- Water hygiene monitoring and risk assessment
- Lifting equipment
- Car gates, Lightning protection, Fall arrest etc.
- Experience of working in a client mechanical and electrical compliance teamA good working knowledge of regulations
- A good working knowledge of the layout of and information required on Water Certification
- Proven ability to develop programs of work
Our client is offering a permanent position with a package.