The Role & Responsibilities:
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Estimator to join our small but evolving industrial construction team based in Cowley, Oxford. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success of projects by using your previous estimating and purchasing experience.
The ideal candidates would have the following:
- Previous proven Estimating and Purchasing experience, preferably in a commercial construction environment.
- Familiarity with both pre-construction and pre-contract environments.
- An ability to compile project budgets and cost plans from either new data or from existing data already in house.
- Be able to carry out take-offs from drawings.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Good IT skills including Excel and preferably experience of estimating-specific packages.
- Be able to attend site visits and meet with clients.
- Ability to identify potential new suppliers and negotiate rates.
- Knowledge of JCT contract standards.
- Ability to maintain up to date information on current suppliers and their pricing/delivery policies and raise purchase orders, as necessary.
- Work well within a small team.
A competitive starting salary is on offer (upto £50K, depending on experience). Excellent holiday entitlement, paid overtime and company pension scheme.
Please forward you CV in the first instance.