Construction Inspector / Clerk of Works
£45000 + Package
Housing Association - New Build / Defects
Daniel Owen are representing one of the South Easts largest housing associations who are currently working on a huge development programme across London.
Provide excellent quality inspections across all new build schemes both when on site and within defect period and beyond to ensure high standards are achieved across the scheme.
- Identify problems at an early stage and report to the appropriate stakeholders
- Liaise with consultants scheme Project Managers
- Ensure relevant risks are identified and managed
- Ensure that the schemes built are of the highest quality and our customers receive the standard of services that creates a best in sector culture.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to support our customers.
- To assess clients needs to ensure effective service delivery.
- To advise and support our customers in resolving their queries and issues
- To update and maintain systems/ records to ensure that information/data is kept up to date and accurate
- Pay regular inspection visits to projects and properties as required.
- To attend site progress meetings and report findings
- Attend site inspections, snagging and handovers of the works visiting sites
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement.
- Proven experience of inspecting construction (residential new build and refurbishment) works.
- Be able to demonstrate practical ways of using their skills and knowledge to meet organisational needs
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- Thorough knowledge of the current Building Regulations
- Thorough understanding of Residential construction (New build and Refurbishment) process including product specification
- To have excellent IT skills
- Must be able to accurately read plans, specifications and bills of quantities and advise on performance of specific materials.
- Have a full UK driving license.
- Member of the Institute of Clerk of Works and Construction Inspectors or equivalent (CIOB, RICS or CABE)
- Experience as Clerk of works or Construction/site manager with reputable organisation.
- Minimum HNC, HND, CIOB or equivalent in construction related subject or a strong trade background
Construction Inspector / Clerk of Works - £45k + Package