JOB DESCRIPTION: Workmates & Daniel Owen is a recruitment company that specialises in placing people within the Construction, Engineering, Rail & Maintenance Industries. We are currently recruiting on behalf of a large nationwide construction company that specialises in commercial projects.
Our client is looking for an experienced and hardworking Construction Mobile Plant Fitter to join our rapidly growing client. The work involved will be repairing and maintaining a fleet of machines across the country, particularly within the south of England.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform routine maintenance on a scheduled basis including 10 week inspections
- Test preparation and inspection
- Electrical troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Perform incidental welding operations and other mechanical repair work as required
- Perform inspections and test mechanical units
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions
- Adjust, repair and/or replace machine parts and components
- Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation to a high standard in a timely fashion
- Ensure that all servicing activity is correctly recorded and filed with head office
- Perform emergency call-outs to clients, both internal and external, as-and-when required (including outside of normal working hours)
- Be on-call occasionally to accept and direct calls out-of-hours
- Mentor other employees as requested
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
Experience & Requirements
- Minimum 3+ years' relevant experience working on Plant
- Relevant qualification desired but not essential (e.g. Construction Plant Fitter, HGV Mechanic)
- High degree of product and technical knowledge
- Strong diagnostics capabilities with good computer skills
- Strong working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components
- Motivated team player with a strong sense of commitment to the team
- Have the ability to work independently and with minimal oversight
- Must have excellent trouble-shooting abilities and exhibit a 'can-do' attitude
- Driving Licence: The successful candidate must hold a valid, clean, UK driving license; a C licence would be an advantage.
- Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Appropriate training will be provided to a suitable candidate.
If you feel you would be well-suited for this position please apply, or contact us on 01618869670 for more information.
Job Type: Contract Industry: Construction Salary: £43-47k per annum