Role: Contracts Manager
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
My client are currently searching for an experienced Contracts Manager, to join a thriving roofing construction company based in Nottingham. The role has come about due to a Senior member of staff leaving the business and they are now looking for someone to come in a become a vital member of this successful team.
Our client is heavily involved with refurbishment and small-scale new-build projects, primarily in the Residential, Education and Commercial sectors, with project values in the region of £50k - £20m. Experience in these fields would be advantageous.
As our client's contracts manager, you will be responsible for a single large contract, or many smaller ones, dependent on the current workload. You will be the main point of contact for clients, site managers and building contractors throughout the project. Some of your day to day duties will be:
- Meet with clients to understand what they want to do Put together plans estimates, including budgets and timescales
- Prepare and present documents for tenders
- Contribute to work planning, and brief project teams, contractors and suppliers
- Agree any extra work to be done within a set time scales
- Gather all information together for invoicing at the end of the project
- Supply information to resolve disputes if they arise
- Identify areas for improvement in existing contracting processes
- You will work very closely with construction managers, quantity surveyors and planning engineers
- You will also oversee health and safety
You will need:
- Must have Roofing background
- Interpersonal skills, creative solution and problem-solving skills
- Organisational skills and attention to detail with accuracy of workload
- Knowledge of Word and Outlook
- Able to interpret drawings
- Good people management skills
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, or would simply like to find out more details about this opportunity or others, please don't hesitate to pick up the phone for a completely confidential discussion on 0207 248 0000 or apply via the link.