This is an entry level Credit Controller role that provides opportunity and scope to grow and develop within a Credit Control function, working alongside experienced team members and gaining exposure to the full credit control cycle. The opportunity to complete an NVQ level 2 or 3 Credit Control qualification will be available as an option, via an apprenticeship study route.
Working as part of a small, friendly team, your role will involve:
- Setting up client accounts, ensuring all details are correct and all forms are completed and filed
- Obtaining credit insurance
- Ledger management e.g. posting and allocating cash
- Chasing outstanding debt and payments
- Creating reports
- Maintaining debtor days within agreed levels
- Dealing with queries from both internal and external stakeholders
- Sending out and reconciling client statements
- Maintaining accurate records of all client communication
- Checking insurance availability on new and existing clients
What we're looking for:
- Organised with high level of attention to detail
- Computer literate, preferably with a good knowledge of Excel
- Focused, trustworthy and professional
- Strong aptitude for systems and processes
- Team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including confident telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- A can do attitude, prepared to go above and beyond
Daniel Owen is an established and growing recruitment business based in Central Reading but operating on a nationwide basis through our Reading, London and regional offices. We are family owned and have operated in our specialist markets of construction, engineering and property services for over 30 years. Visit our website to find out more.
What we offer:
Benefits include contributory pension scheme, generous holiday allowance including a holiday buy and sell back scheme, retailer and gym discounts, Company trips and events, opportunity to work towards professional qualifications via an apprenticeship route, free on-site parking.