I am currently working with a SME contractor who are looking for an experienced Design Manger to join their growing team based in West London. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Design Manager to manage projects from Design to Contracting stages.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to motivate others
- Team working skills
- Technical knowledge of the design process
- Experience in BIM
- Ability to delegate tasks in order to make sure the project is completed on time
- Ideal candidate will have experience using CAD
Daily Responsibilities for successful Design Manager will include
- Cooperation with clients, architects, and subcontractors.
- liaising with the client, other construction professionals
- Be able to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Be able to work in multifaceted working environments
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate.
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales
- Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
- Experience: 5+ years preferred
- Built Environment/ Design degree (Building Surveying preferred but not essential).
- Construction management experience