Design Manager- Accountabilities and key tasks:
- Arranging and chairing the Design team meetings to lead the process with the consultants and sub contract designers, issuing minutes and ensuring the resulting actions are actioned
- Collate and manage the contract specifications, drawing and related documents for the construction process
- Carrying drawing reviews issuing comments then ensuring all comments are added accordingly to the design
- Carry out technical reviews of any proposed works to ensure contractual and technical compliance.
- Prepare and manage the Design and procurement schedule and issue information release schedules to set design target dates
- Offer input and design reviews into the procurement process
- Providing design support to Project Management teams.
- Review and implement value engineering opportunities
- Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy Building Control compliance
- Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy all planning conditions are discharged
- Lead Design review workshop with the client / tenant to ensure understanding and satisfaction with proposed works
- Manage the Design Change Proposals for client sign off
- Submitting Design information to the client team and recording, tracking and closing out any comments and queries that arise
- Issue, track and close out any requests for information that arise to enable the design to be completed.
- Assist in the collation of the O&M Health and Safety file
Design Manager - The Person
- You will have solid experience with either a national or regional main contractor
- Demonstrable experience working on pre and post-construction design and build projects.
- Experience on residential and NON -residential projects is vital
- Experience working on projects from £2m to £10m plus
- Innovative - ability to identify better ways of doing things
- A good communicator, able to liaise between different departments in order to achieve a common goal.
- Competitive salary
- Company benefits package
- Varied projects across sectors
- Continued local work within the South West/East region.