Salary: Up to £40k + Package
Our client, a leading national housebuilder, has firmly established themselves as a leading residential developer and are now looking for a Designer to join the growing team Midlands division. This is a role where you will be part of laying the foundations of a successful new division, and were you can grow into the role. This is a position suitable for someone with strong knowledge of urban design, and we anticipate that you will have at least a couple of years' experience in a similar position, preferably with a main housebuilder.
As a Designer with our client you will be working on high quality house types, with interesting plans and bespoke designs where focus is on the suitability of the homes considering the environment and its surroundings. As part of the role you will assist in the acquisition of proposed development sites by:
- Working in conjunction with the Land Manager and other key team members assist in the preparation of design briefs and instructions to external architects for the production of feasibility layouts.
- Where time allows, undertake feasibility layouts directly in hand drawn or AutoCAD format.
- Working in conjunction with the Land Manager to maximise land values through good and innovative design.
- Ensuring design concepts can be translated into workable development solutions, working closely with other departments to ensure constraints are fully realised.
- Appoint and manage external consultants.
- You will also assist with the preparation of planning applications and their eventual approval
- Assist in the preparation of all design work associated with the submission of planning applications, working closely with the Planning Executive to ensure programmed dates are achieved.
- Checking planning drawings and documents produced by outside consultants.
- Collaborate with the Planning Executive to ensure all statutory requirements are met on each project and that information is correctly recorded and shared with the wider business.
- Monitor the progress of planning applications, effectively manage agreed decision changes amongst all departments and support the Planning Executive in discharging planning conditions where relevant.
- As part of your role you will also assist with the issue of drawings / information post planning approval by working in conjunction with the Technical Team and their consultants to ensure they are kept up to date on the project status and information, and providing support where deemed necessary to ensure they are able to carry out their role and the scheme is technically compliant.
You will require:
- Experience as an urban designer, either within a main housebuilder or with a construction company, alternatively in the public sector.
- Experience of the full planning permission, appeal, negotiation and approval process.
- Passion, drive and enthusiasm for delivering planning permission for outstanding quality home.
- Strong team player with a focus on driving both team and site performance
- HNC qualified as minimum
Along with a generous basic salary, our client offers an extensive range of benefits, to include:
- Competitive salaries and bonus schemes
- Share save Scheme
- Company car or car allowance
- Private pension up to 7.5%
- Private healthcare and cash plan options
- 25 days' annual leave
- Gym membership discounts
- Retail discounts
If you are interested in the position advertised above, please do apply via the link or give me a call directly on 0207 248 0000.