The Role - Development Manager
Location - Chertsey
Salary - £50k - £60k + Package
My client has been building new homes for 50 years and is firmly established as a leading developer with a passion for not just building homes, but creating vibrant sustainable communities.
They are currently looking for a Development Manager to work on the Strategic Projects in their Head Office in Chertsey.
Your roles and responsibilities will include the following:
- Value creation through the acquisition and planning process and ensure that the Project Programme is clearly established and complied with.
- Ensure that the marketing and selling plans prepared by S&M are appropriate for the project
- Establish strong professional relationships with planning authorities and local government bodies to proactively promote land for planning permission with a long-term view.
- Keep abreast of new legislation and government attitudes towards planning and new homes construction.
- You will be responsible for monitoring project profitability, timing of profit contribution and project cash flows and taking corrective action as necessary.
- You will be controlling the architect and other members of the design team by setting an appropriate brief and demanding compliance with it ensuring that planning conditions and technical requirements are properly analysed and dealt with to the appropriate standards.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrable experience of the planning application process
- Experience with working with local authorities
- Have a good understanding of large scale development appraisals
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen and experience of managing the planning process of a range of development projects
- Have strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Good relationships with external members of the Design Team and with the Planning Authorities are also required.
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Sam Taylor on 0207 248 0000