Electrical Supervisor - £45,000 + Package
Job Type - Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Industry - Local Authority / Maintenance
Location - North London
Salary - £45,000
Daniel Owen are currently recruiting on behalf of one of the largest and cash rich housing associations in the North London. Due to an recent organisation change they are now looking to grow their M&E / Compliance team and so need an Electrical Supervisor to manage all sub-contractors carrying out electrical installations.
This is a permanent position and a driving licence is required.
Daily responsibilities for the successful supervisor will include:
- Manage and document a regime of physical and technical inspection and audit to confirm that all electrical plant, installations and assets are maintained in a manner that is fully compliant
- Manage and document a quality control regime to ensure the Electrical Services contractors deliver planned, preventative maintenance programmes and response repairs in accordance with the requirements of the contracts.
- Work closely with the Compliance & Technical Team to ensure that the procedures for handing over works from an installation contractor are properly executed
- Collate and analyse data on the performance of electrical plant to identify any shortcomings in the maintenance regime
- Inspect major service failures, intermittent faults and protracted repairs
- Inspect works in progress to ensure that the contractor is working safely in accordance with health and safety
- Investigate service failures and incidents in accordance with RoSPA or similar techniques. Provide clear written reports on findings. Liaise with the health and safety team on near misses, accidents and potentially dangerous situations
- Support the administration process to ensure that information required to update the asset management software is inputted correctly and systematically
- Provide authoritative technical reports on all aspects of service, including the performance of the contractor and the plant.
- Actively support the expanded application of new technology to improving service delivery. This will include
Requirements for the role:
- City & Guilds 2391
- Working towards IEng, CEng or MIET
- HNC in Construction or M&E Engineering
- Driving Licence
Our client is offering a permanent position with a package.