I am looking to appoint an Energy Conservation and Strategy Officer to cover maternity leave in one of the Local Authorities. Work is to start ASAP and to run until October 2020.
- You will be required to take responsibility for the development and implementation of an Energy Conservation Strategy and supporting policies (including the Carbon Reduction Commitment) for my client and prepare strategic recommendations for senior management and develop a monitoring system for measuring performance and progress of the Energy Conservation Strategy. You will:
- Take responsibility for researching current and proposed legislative requirements relating to energy conservation and sustainable development, and for advising senior management on the implications of these requirements, along with proposed actions for compliance.
- Establish and maintain programmes for the purpose of helping the Council improve energy consumption levels and identify additional opportunities to further improve energy usage and water consumption levels. Develop capital and repair projects for energy savings measures that have a measurable return of investment.
- Develop programs to implement the aims and objectives of national and European strategies and policies, such as EU directives on energy performance and emissions, designed to reduce energy consumption; monitor and review the effectiveness of these policies and strategies, including co-ordinating annual progress reports.
- Promote the use of domestic and community building scale sustainable and renewable sources of energy, including advising on funding sources and Government schemes such as Feed-in-Tariffs and Renewable Heat Incentives.
- Prepare guidance on climate change matters as they impact on planning policy for inclusion in the local development framework and advise senior management of implications.
- Take responsibility for the accurate production of the Council's Carbon production figures and the accurate and timely submission of CRC returns; as well as providing reports and briefings to senior management as appropriate.
- Maintain and update, as necessary, the Council's energy conservation toolkit.
- Keep under review new developments in the relevant field of professional expertise, to develop links with other agencies working in energy conservation and make periodic recommendations to senior management.
Hours of work are Monday - Friday 37 hours per week. Work will be primarily office based but site work will be included so must be able to drive. Must also have the following:
- Experience of managing a capital budget and applying for external funding sources
- Experience of BMS software, its use and management
- Experience of budget monitoring and reporting procedures
- Experience of the energy conservation/management agenda
Please apply within and call the office on 0191 814 1360 for more information about this role. My client is looking to interview ASAP.