Job title: Estimator
Location: Ongar, Essex
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 - depending on experience
Our client are a main contractor who have been established for over 50 years' working across both the private and public sector.
They specialise in areas that include: heritage where they restore listed buildings; education, from nursery level up to university buildings; Blue Light, which includes the police, fire, health and ambulance services; community, which covers facilities such as libraries, museums, leisure centres and parks; private residential works to individual properties and mansion blocks and, finally, the commercial sector which ranges from shell-and-core works to office fit-outs.
They have two distinct teams - Major Works and Special Works. Major works handle project values ranging from £500k up to £3m whilst Special Works provide our services below the £500k threshold. Each team has a wealth of talent ensuring that their clients received the same high standard of management and workmanship which includes Quality Assurance, Environmental Management, Health & Safety and Resourcing.
Main responsibilities include:
- Putting together sub-contractor packages.
- Handling sub-contractor enquiries.
- Compiling the estimate book.
- Analysing all client documentation.
- Working with the team to assess and implement strategy.
- Estimating in-house joinery.
- Analysing sub-Contractor tenders.
- Completing presentation documentation.
- Compiling prelims.
- Finalising tender submissions with senior estimator and Directors.
- Dealing with post tender queries.
- Attending mid and post tender interviews
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Sam Taylor on 0207 248 0000