Salary: £60k + Benefits
An experienced Estimator is needed to join one of our clients, a thriving main contractor based in Surbiton, who have developed a solid reputation in the Surrey area. This is a great opportunity to exercise your previously gained pre-construction knowledge in a steadily growing main contractor, that will get you involved in the management of a wide variety of projects across the Commercial, Leisure, Residential and Ecclesiastical sectors.
These projects will range from fit-out to new-build projects, valued anywhere between £1m and £10m. A wide variety of experience in previous roles will benefit you in this position and we are looking for a versatile individual to join this successful main contractor.
As an Estimator for our client, you will be required to:
- Take tenders from initial enquiry to submission.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates.
- Analyse contract documentation and prepare accurate subcontractor packages for pricing.
- Liaise and negotiate with Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Actively participate in adjudication meetings.
- Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations.
Requirements for the role:
- Previous estimating experience of at least 5 years with a Main Contractor in a similar role
- Knowledge of building material components, building regulations and H&S
- Computer skills, especially Excel
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills
- Good organisation skills, analytical reasoning and attention to detail
- Local knowledge of suppliers and subcontractors
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, please do feel free to call for further information, email directly or apply via the link.